Imogen - Wish I Were You

Read full review & listen on Grotesqualizer.

UK singer-songwriter Immy Williams, aka Imogen, presents her new addictive work.

In “I Wish I Were You,” the tight rhythm and the sparse bass slowly float, cutting through the void, sometimes falling under the influence of the golden glow of a playing trumpet. And in this minimalistic, cinematic hypno-hop movement, the spotlight is taken by Imogen's captivating vocal performance. “I Wish I Were You” is an exquisite statement about being unfree in your own body and the desire to be a different, liberated person. But the author also says that this seeming liberation may turn out to be illusory and deceptive. These nine lyric lines have a strange power, and with a deeper dive into the song, your interpretation will enlighten you more and incisive discoveries may occur.